As of today, I am rolling through Day 13 of my own 30 Day Challenge – Waking up at 4:30AM (#30Days430AM). In the spirit of early mornings and happy thoughts, I’ve put together a list of 10 places that I would have absolutely no problem waking up early to enjoy.
Motivation to Wake Up Early – 10 of the Best Places to Seize the Day!
1. Bora Bora, French Polynesia: Bora Bora is on my bucket list… and probably everyone else’s. Imagine waking up at the Four Seasons, walking out onto the balcony of your over-water bungalow and breathing in the fresh morning air. Yup.
2. Phuket, Thailand: Thailand is another bucket list destination. After a few hotel web sites, I think I have found a prime spot to lay my head in anticipation of a morning view just like this one.
3. Santorini, Greece: There is just something about the blue and white colours of Greece that captures my attention. Add in a glass of orange juice and a warm cup of coffee… yes, I’d like to wake up here.
4. Alaska Cruise: There are few places as untouched as the northern wilderness surrounding Alaska. One of the best ways to experience this destination is via a Cruise-line. Spend the money on a balcony suite and you will be enjoying the changing morning views just a couple steps from your bed.
5. Rocky Mountains, Canada: I live in Calgary, Alberta, which is situated only an hour and a half from the famous Canadian destination of Banff – situated in the humbling Rocky Mountains. Seeing as it’s so close, I often find myself driving to work early in the morning and thinking… I’d rather be waking up to one of these mountain views instead.
6. Costa Rica: My wife spent a week in Costa Rica a number of years ago and continues to tell me it was one of the best destinations she has visited. Now I simply look forward to the day that I can wake up and enjoy the same view that Christina experienced in the photo below.
7. Algonquin Park, Canada: One of the most incredible trips I have been on was a canoe trip through Algonquin Park, Ontario. Waking up early is a small price to pay for the experience of cutting through the morning fog on the lake and listening to loons calling across the calm waters.
8. Great Barrier Reef, Australia: You wouldn’t think of waking up with your snorkel gear on, but that’s not the point of this morning experience. From where I live, a flight to Brisbane, Australia is about 20 hours. That means 20 hours of flight time would be separating me from the daily stresses of the 9-5. Sure, there are lots of places far from home, but I have always thought a trip to Australia would be a fantastic time to take a few weeks off rather than the standard 1 week vacation. What an attractive feeling, waking up with the only thought on your mind of what exceptional sights you might find below the water.
9. New York City, United States: I’ve always wanted to go to New York City and experience the culture, the busyness, and some of the big city luxury. I suppose one of the best ways to experience it would be to fork out the money and stay in one of the luxury hotels overlooking Central Park. A night at Trump Hotel – Central Park could cost you close to $2K a night depending on the room and view… but why not. Breakfast in bed with this view before a busy day on my feet would be worth each penny.
10. Cancun, Mexico: This is a pretty common tourist spot, but for me it’s a little personal. I work my 9-5 in an extremely competitive sales role where you have the opportunity to earn a free vacation following years of hard work, long hours, and challenging circumstances. I took this photo on our final morning in Cancun. After days of celebration, this particular morning at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa was calm and peaceful.